Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Funnier In My Head

Blogging is the new black.

Please forgive me if my future posts are not funny, or witty as the best blogs should be. I have been forced into this. (You know who you are) I would like to write and share all the deepest depths of my soul, but I can not type as fast as my mind whirls. So, you will get what is typed and what it typed comes from my limited time between my monsters needing: snacks, a time out, a nap, or scooping up a handy one year old eating the crumbs off the kitchen floor.

I have been thinking of blogging for a time now. We are told to write for our posterity. I have never been good at journaling. I pulled out the dusty thing when my son was born a year ago, and the last time I wrote was 2 1/2 years prior to that when my oldest was born. How do you begin? Where do you begin? Do you start a whole new journal because you could maybe crack the old one open sometime and fake it a little? Do you go a few pages forward as if to start a new chapter? How do you begin, "Dear Journal, It has been a while....So much has gone on." Where would you end? I hate the pressure of handwriting a journal and feeling what I really felt that day, is nothing to be shared by my great grand children's children. I'm sure the legends of those days will be retold in great detail. Handed down from generation to generation as the best are.

I love the idea of being able to write, erase and try again. It is not permanent, although I guess it could be. (Stalkers, do not push that print button!) Trying again is something that is safe for me. That way I can actually do it, and if it doesn't work, I can just edit and try again. But I guess you have to try it for it to be ok.

Please enjoy the chronicles of the Winterton Wonders

WW

3 comments:

Eliza said...

Congratulations!! I love a convert. I think you will enjoy the whole blog thing and I am sure your family both near and far will enjoy seeing those handsome boys of yours.

Unknown said...

This is great! I love the stories about the kids and your journal being full of cobwebs, mine is too. I keep telling all my clients how important it is to journal and I dont do a thing about it myself. I havent thought about doing it in blog form. Super to hear from you. I loved the little alien people too. Yes I was lazy and used Ben's name to post this.

Mom Baker said...

Danielle, I am so very proud of you...!!!!!!!!! and you are so crafty too. I really enjoy seeing the boys and hope to see more. I want to know all there is. And you now know how time slips by when you have more then 1 child - forgetting to write things the kids did on calendars or getting as many pictures taken of the second child as you did the first. Love you.