Wednesday, September 9, 2009

San Antonio

Elijah had to go down to San Antonio for a week for work and me and the kids we able to go with him. It was such a great opportunity and we really appreciate Elijah's boss for giving the ok. So on Easter morning, we packed up a rental car (that Nationwide paid for) and headed down to SA.

Noah would not wear his headphones any other way. It did not seem right to him that they were supposed to go behind this head. Crazy kid.


Proof that my kids have had a Slurpee!! In a town full of one brand of gas station, we do not get the luxury of this cold treat, so when we stopped for a potty break we treated them to a cold one! If only I could find a store with a Slush Puppie machine!!

The next few pics are of what me and the kids did while daddy was working...poor daddy. We got to play all day while he had to work.

We went to the fabulous San Antonio Zoo and could have spent the entire day there. We missed the whole Africa part and I am not sure when the next time my boys will get to see elephants and giraffes again. Because the zoo where we live definitely...definitely does not have elephants or giraffes. They like to capture native animals roaming around the zoo, cage them up and trow a placard on the outside and call it good. But, we also do not have to pay to go to our zoo...there is a trade off. I guess?

Feeding the Lorikeets. The boys were TERRIFIED!! Terrified I tell you!! I really really wanted to go in to feed them, and since I was alone, I tortured them and made them go with me. I Loved it!! The boys...cried. Both of them could not get out fast enough. And when I determined I didn't get enough pictures, I almost had to leave them outside to fend for themselves! But I am not sure if I have scared them too much about strangers or birds, but they crept in very unwillingly for one last picture.


This was a really cool stepping stone bridge that led to the kids play area. I love this picture because it really tells you a lot about the personality of my boys. Jacob will go first, and Noah is right behind him...watching EXACTLY how he did it. Jacob has asked on so many occasions...Why does Noah say the same things I do, or why does Noah want to do the things I am doing. I try to tell him that Noah sees him as the coolest thing in his tiny little world. He is his hero right now and that he loves him so much. Noah has even cried a couple times that Jacob didn't want to play with him. I cant believe this is already starting.
After the bird cage torture, I waited to reward them for not stomping on any of the tiny little birds so we stopped for a popsicle! I love those faces!!


Did you know this FAB zoo also has a little beach? Our water fountains are hit or miss at our zoo!! They had so much fun!! They have never put their tootsies in sand and water like this and desperately wanted to build a sand castle but I did not come well prepared. Instead, we ran up and down the water and splashed each other!!

This was after dinner with Elijah's Boss on the river walk. We were waiting for a river taxi to take us back to our hotel. The boys loved the river walk.

Blurry pics ahead-----Sorry!



Not sure where my waist went in the below picture?
The next day, while daddy had to work again, we headed to the Children's Museum! It was pretty awesome too!

The boys on some trolley/bus that I am sure was important to the people of San Antonio at some point.
Noah played Dental Receptionist


They both "milked" a huge plastic cow. It had plastic udders and you had to squeeze them correctly to get the milk err water to come out. Again...I had to force this one. How many times will they have the the opportunity to do this again?! Or want to do this?

They played in an "old general store". I ordered my groceries and they found them for me and I had to pay them.
Then a fight almost ensued when there was not enough dishes for each of them to carry the groceries on so we made a b-line to the downstairs grocery store!!

This was such a fun part of the museum!! They had a little mini grocery store. The boys could choose ANYTHING off the shelf and put it in their basket and take it to the mini WORKING registers and scan the items. They thought it was so much fun!!



The below is pictures of us at dinner at the Rain Forest Cafe. The boys enjoyed the hanging snakes and the gorilla that would pound his chest every 15 minutes.

I will do another post about our trip to Sea World during our visit to San Antonio. That is a whole post in it's self. We had such a great time and it was such a wonderful opportunity!

1 comment:

Amy J said...

So cute! I love taking my kids places so they can experience things. It can be frustrating, too...mine don't really like to try new stuff, either!